I am not much of French toast person because not all places make it very well... But when I make it, it's a totally different story. Plus, most places make it with SUPER heavy ingredients and LOADS of sugar. I tried to minimize that and make the best recipe I could for people with sensitive stomachs like myself. This recipe is quick, simple, and you most likely have all these ingredients in your cupboard right now. You'll need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of raw natural sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 6 slices of whole grain bread
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Goji berries / strawberries
- Agave maple syrup
- Mix eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, sugar, coconut flour, and almond milk into a bowl and mix until well blended. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Heat a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat with butter lightly glazing the pan.
- Saturate bread in the mix on both sides and place in pan for about a minute on each side.
- Cook and rotate slices until a golden brown, then place on plate.
- Add fruit, berries, agave and top with powdered sugar.
I'm telling you now, DA BOMBBBB. DOT COMMMMM. Congrats. It's actually a victory. Celebrate by stuffing your face. Thank me later 😌