Hello hello hello my gorgeous healthy people! So, New Years is all about "new year new me" type shit right? Right. That ALSO means new diets, new gym memberships, and a new attitude. So, lets start on some inner beauty right now. You need to cleanse the colon and rid your body of toxins, fats, heavy metals, mucus, dairy, alcohol, drugs, cocaine, I know how it goes ok? So I've created a green AF, super duper amazing, tasty, savory, healthy, and completely vegan soup that you're going to be eating for 3 days straight because- AMAZEBALLZ.
So here is your grocery list and what you will need:
- 9oz. of fresh broccoli
- 7oz. of mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Vegetable bouillon cubes (2 teaspoons)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 yellow onion
- Small butternut squash
- Boil broccoli in a pot of water with salt. (When soft, save 1 cup of the broccoli water for later)
- While broccoli is boiling, cut the yellow onion and sauté in separate pan with mushrooms until well cooked and soft. Also prepare your small (or half) of the butternut squash into small bite sized cubes and set aside for later.
- When both broccoli and sauté are well cooked, set broccoli aside and add the almond milk and bullion to sauté. Stir and let simmer on low for 3 minutes. Then turn off and let cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Add butternut squash cubes to left over broccoli water and boil for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Take broccoli and separate (if in full and natural flowerets) and set in blender/food processor. Add cooled down sautéd onion and mushroom mix in blender and cover. Blend until creamy and in a smooth consistency.
- Pour contents back into sauté pan and add the 1 cup of broccoli water, 3 tablespoons of cashew cream, pepper and desired spices. Stir and let simmer.
- Add butternut squash to your soup when its finished and serve with a cashew cream and chive garnish, and you're all done! ENJOY THAT SHIT SON.
CASHEW CREAM RECIPE
- 2 cups of raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- A pinch of pink salt
- Start by soaking cashews for 2 hours in filtered water, and drain. (I suggest making the cream the night before or in the morning so you don't have to worry about it during dinner, it'll just be ready for you.)
- Drain and wash cashews, set in food processor/blender.
- Add 1 cup of filtered water
- Add vanilla
- Add agave
- Add salt
- Blend until creamy and thick, chill in fridge until cool. Enjoy!
This recipe if done right should be done in about 30 minutes! Its so easy and simple, and FULL of fiber! Its super delicious and I hope you like it as much as I did. And feel free to use the remaining bits of the cashew cream for oatmeal, tacos, burritos, baked potatoes, or add a little more vanilla and agave and freeze. BAM. Vegan. Vanilla. Bean. FUCKIN ice cream. Thank me later. Have fun guys! Happy trails to your bathroom <3