Im really starting to get into these recipes you guys. Its some serious shit. Like, I've been cranking them out left and right and each one is amazing! At least to me they are. So, here is yet another recipe that is pretty extensive and takes a bit of multi tasking but I think you can do it. I have faith in you. So, this is what you'll need:
- 1 bag of organic white quinoa
- 1 bag wild rice
- 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, basil, oregano, garlic
Tomato Sautee Sauce
- 7oz of mushrooms
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups of blanched almonds (peels and soaked for 6 hours before hand)
- 9oz of organic fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup of de-shelled pistachios
- Half cup (or until whatever consistency you'd like it to be) of Olive Oil
- Bundle of fresh basil
- Pinch of salt
- Teaspoon of agave
SIDE DISH: Oven roasted tomatoes and carrots
- 4-5 Tomatoes on the Vine
- 4 fresh organic carrots
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Lemon / lemon slices
Ok. Now that we have all the ingredients out of the way, lets get this show on the road.
- First, the morning before make sure to soak your almonds. You can buy them already peeled so you don't have to do that tedious task yourself, but the ricotta is gonna be the cherry on top of this! So don't go without it. Soak almonds in water for 6 hours.
- If you can't find de-shelled pistachios, also make sure to do this the night or morning before so you're not stuck doing it while things are on the flame. You don't want your house to burn down because you got carried away popping pistachios open.
- Start cooking quinoa and wild rice before prepping anything else. They take the longest to cook (especially wild rice) and you want them to be soft and easy to digest. Let cook over low heat. Add lemon, salt and seasonings to quinoa. Cover, and stir periodically.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prep your tomatoes in a glass oven safe baking dish. Coat the top with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and set aside. Peel and slice carrots in half and add the same seasonings as well as a little bit of agave drizzled over the top. Bake until tomatoes start to pinch at the tops (approx. 30 min.)
- Chop your spinach finely and steam.
- Wash and place almonds in blender/food processor.
- Add water, blend until a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Remove spinach and place in sauté pan with olive oil and garlic cloves
- Sauté until soft and add almond blend and stir. Let heat on low.
Tomato and Mushroom Sauce
- Half cherry tomatoes and place in sauté pan with olive oil. Sauté on low.
- Slice mushrooms and place in sauté pan with tomatoes and stir.
- Add salt and lemon to taste. Let simmer on low heat.
- Make sure to stir periodically so it doesn't burn and cooks evenly.
- Place pistachios is blender with olive oil. Process.
- Place basil in and process again until its a creamy consistency.
- Place in separate container so you can save it for more meals as well.
Tip: If you do not like salty foods, don't get salted roasted pistachios for this recipe. Get plain, raw, and simply roasted pistachios. And add a little salt for taste. The salty roasted ones add a bit of kick to the oil and make it bite. So just a forewarning. But for people like me that like salt, it was PERFECT.
When all items are ready to go and all are finished, place quinoa on plate first with pocket for the black rice. Stack tomatoes sauce on top and add almond ricotta as garnish with a lemon and your pistachio oil, and voila! You're all done, and ready to friction GRUB. Make sure to add the tomatoes and carrots to your dish as well for a savory yet sweet kick to your pallet. This recipe seems like a lot, but its honestly not as bad as it seems. Its well made, vegan, tastes like HEAVEN, and makes a lot of food. Plus, its ALL FIBER. Can we say cleaning day? (Sorry for the visual.) And whatever quinoa and wild rice you have left is so lightly seasoned you can use it for something else the next day or two! Get creative and stay healthy <3 I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did. If you do, please let me know!