In the Fall, for some reason I start to really enjoy getting organized. It just feels right to have my computer all clean with a cup of hot tea and a brand new notebook ready to be filled with wonderful ideas and goals since I'm not outside frolicking around half naked with hot guys at the beach. Right? Right.
So in todays blog, I want to go over a super simple regimen that I do on a daily basis to get organized, smash my day and feel HELLA productive. You'll get so much shit done, you're gonna be like....wow.
Things you'll need:
- A daily planner
- Colored pens (not sharpies. They'll bleed through. No bueno.)
- A highlighter
- A notebook
- A smart phone/laptop
- **If you don't have a planner, and want an amazing, FREE, PDF download- CLICK HERE**
So now you're all set up, set this ONE, crucial, super important goal. I promise, it'll change the entire game. Ready? CHECK YOUR PLANNER BEFORE YOUR PHONE. And you might wanna get up 5-10 minutes earlier to do this so you can think clearly. I don't like to check my phone right when I get up because I get stuck looking at my phone for longer than necessary. And Whats better than waking up and opening up to a book of goals and tasks that are build surrounding your dreams? I know my phone ain't. But that comes after obvi.
So when you open your planner, you're doing 3 things. Checking your preplanned goals for the day, creating/planning goals for the day, and asking yourself why you didn't finish some of your goals and to-do duties the day before. So now, this is where your colorful pens and highlighters come in.
- BLACK for todays to do & goals
- RED for Past Due
- HIGHLIGHT High Priority Tasks
- Either use the checkbox method or the strikeout method for Finished Tasks
- And obviously, for any other subjects or tasks- use other bright colors to code what you're doing throughout your day!
*I like to leave a box at the bottom of each day to scribble notes, ideas, questions, reminders, etc.*
Keep this planner with you throughout the entire day in your purse or handbag, even backpack. The really important time sensitive tasks should be put on reminders in your smart phone and you will be alerted of them at your designated time so you don't have to look in your planner. The reason I like to use planners and write things down is because:
- Its good to write and use your grammar skills because its a prehistoric talent not many know how to use anymore. So shock em babe! Show em what you're made of with that paper and pen!
- You will take the time to note everything and it stands out more into your subconscious opposed to typing which processes in your mind differently. Not everything needs to be in your phone, guys.
- You can visually see everything right in front of you so there is no confusion or typos! Aint that some shit.
Its so amazing to be able to practice and exercise your brain and jot down everything at the beginning of your day to set the tone for the rest of your morning, afternoon and evening! I live in my planner and its something that I couldn't live without! It has catapulted me onto the next level now that iv learned how to master the art of writing down my thoughts. Very powerful once embraced.
I use an array of notebooks to keep the chaos that goes on in my mind organized in the physical world. Because I have so much going on up there, I can easily get confused and disorganized, and then I end up ALL. OVER. THE FUCKING. PLACE. So by having a couple different notebooks with different categories, it helps my mind go where it needs to in writing and if I need to find something, Ill know exactly where to look!
I have a notebook for thoughts / journaling, blog/youtube ideas, and my studying of my crafts. And it works so well for me! Iv listed some super cute journals, planners, and pens down below if you're ready to get started!
Make sure to look at your planner before bed at night to stay fresh minded about your tasks and what you need to do, stay updated and alert, and make sure you're writing everything down that comes to your mind. From doing the dishes, to a large assignment or task! It all matters. It will also help you see what you're lacking in and where your strong points are. I hope this helps and I hope to see and hear about some progress with you guys! Love youzzz <3