Quick, fun, FULL of nutrients and minerals, and absolutely DELICIOUS!
So today, iv been feeling a little under the weather and I decided to make something that would boost my natural defense system and feed my cells naturally without harsh medicines or mineral substitutes. And this is always my GO TO meal. When you feel bad, you don't want to cook, or at least a feast. You want something now and by now, you mean five minutes ago. So this is a super easy meal that does not require much and can be made a million times and you wont be tired of it. PLUS: its the BEST side dish with your favorite entree! This is what you'll need!
- Organic Kale of your choice
- Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- Organic Grape Tomatoes
- Green onions or White onions (I went with green because Iv been THAT lazy)
- Non-Iodized Sea Salt
- 1 Organic Apple of your choice (I chose a FUJI! Always faithful to my Gala & Fuji's)
- Dried Oregano
- A large saucepan!
So, to get started correctly, make sure all your veggies are cleaned THOROUGHLY. Yes, we are cooking in high heat and yes I am positive bacteria will be incinerated by the time we are finished but just to make sure, always double check that your veggies are squeaky clean before cooking and then ingesting them. Kale leaves have lots of cracks, nooks and crannies for things to get trapped in and organic especially is most of the time not washed or cleaned before it hits the market. So if theres anything time consuming with this dish, its simply washing the veggies. Now, to the cookin'!
- Wash your veggies. (I didn't have to say that. But I did. Anyways...)
- Preheat your large sauce pan with about a table spoon of olive oil in it to med-high heat
- Cut your Kale into sections and throw em in with a handful of tomatoes and let cook on oil alone for about 6-8 minutes
- Cut your onions and throw them in after you've let the kale get a bright green from the heat
- Add a splash of water and let simmer
- Add your seasonings and done!
- Cut your apple into sections and throw it on top.
Now you got yourself a bowl full of love and nutrients that your body has been needing and needs every day! Eat alone, or with your favorite dish. Enjoy!